On October 23, 2013 the „Association Gimene” signed the agreement on the implementation of the project ”Participation of civil society and people in policy- making processes in the field of gender equality” within the framework of the EEA Grants programme “NGO Funds”. Project is financially supported by Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway and the Sate of Latvia.
The main objective of the Project is to involve the civil society and people of Latvia in policy-making processes related to the elaboration and implementation of gender equality policy in Latvia. It’s very important, because the new national level policy paper “Gender equality policy guidelines 2015-2020” shall be elaborated within 2014 in Latvia.
By implementing this Project the “Association Gimene” would like to contribute in making sound, evidence, knowledge and research based modern gender equality policy in Latvia in line with common interests of the general society and the State of Latvia. The enlightening and informing of the society, the development of common understanding and the raising of discussions among society and academics, professionals, and politics on gender equality policies and implementing instruments and mechanisms are main tasks of the Project. The variety of the instruments of citizen participation in representative democracy will be used – publications, annual conferences for specialists and broader society, seminars for educators, comments and proposals on policy papers and initiatives and other activities.
The aim of working plans 2013 and 2014 of the operational programme is to involve the “Association Gimene” into the policy making processes in the field of gender equality in all levels and stages, especially in decision making processes related to gender equality integration into family and education policies.
To achieve the aim of the Project the following key tasks are planned:
- to make opinions and proposals on methodologies, tools and policy papers, normative acts in the field of gender equality and related areas in local, national and international level;
- to elaborate the proposals and initiatives to advocate the family interests in gender equality, family and education policies;
- to strive for participation and involvement into the working groups in ministries and others institutions dealing with issues related to gender equality, family policy and education;
- to organise awareness rising and insight conferences for professionals, media and public audience to attract attention to the actualities of gender equality policy in Latvia and Europa.
- to write articles for newspapers and magazines on gender equality actualities;
- to carry out the survey on understanding of gender equality principles among general public, but especially among pupils, teachers and parents;
- to organizes educational seminars on gender equality for educators;
- to develop a cooperation with other NGOs, informal groups and individuals with common interests.
The place of the implementation of the project is Riga.
Project is implemented in cooperation with NGO “Īsta mīlestība gaida” (“True Love Waits”)
The Project will be implemented till the end of 2015. The common budget of the project are 40 499,77 EUR.